Tuesday, July 20, 2010

BREAKDOWN: The Story Of Floyd Collins

Now that my wife, the writer, has finalized the script (again) I've started re-drawing the original 25pgs I had finished. Mostly because I've decided to use a brush instead of a static line pen rapidograph that I normally use. The point of the switch is to make the lines feel a little more organic, or textural, because nature plays a major part in the story, and the lines I put down with a brush is as unpredictabe as nature. So, it fits.

The stuff I mainly have done now is just part titles and chapter break cards. There's a little design involved since I want to invoke dialogue cards of silent films, and the feeling of old comics by McCay, and Herriman. I'll probably be getting into the actual story pages later this week.

No comments: