Tuesday, December 8, 2009

HELLHOUNDS ON MY TRAIL, my book about Robert Johnson's last day is basically a "walk of death" as he reminisces about moments in his past as he walks an old Mississippi road to get to a juke joint, where he's supposed to play.

It's 46pgs. 17 were complete as of last night.

I've come to the conclusion that if I did 2pgs a day (which isn't impossible. I've been known to get 4 done on good days) I can complete the remaining 29pgs by Dec. 21. Thus beating my new year's resolution quota of having 2 mini-comics done by 1.

And 2pgs were completed today, keeping to that schedule. yay.

After HHOMT, I thought THE MYTH OF PHINEOUS GAGE was going to be my next book, but my wife, the writer, has announced she'll have a different mini-comic script completed before then.

And she does.

It doesn't have a title yet, but it's a story based on her Great Grandfather's time hopping the rails in the 1920's, which we were going to do after PHINEOUS GAGE. But you can see where I'm going with this. It should be roughly 25-28pgs. So, while she writes PHINEOUS GAGE, I'll be drawing a rail riding story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These all sound great, Donal. Also, not to be that guy, but it's spelled "Phineas." I'd hate to see that mistake make its way into your actual lettering.

-shoelaceless

Donal DeLay said...

Yeah - I wrote that before I looked up his name. I promise I actually DO my research before starting pages.

The cover is done and his name IS spelld correctly. :)